3.22.2011

New Year's Resolution: Update

New Year's resolutions in general are all sorts of garbage.  People aim high and maybe make it to February.  You know the type: I will work-out everyday.  I will lose 30 lbs.  I will get married.  I will not eat sweets.  I used to think in these terms when it came to resolutions.  I would set my sights high.  Then I would slip up and inevitably thrown in the towel on the whole venture.  A couple years ago I decided to give myself more reasonable goals. Since doing so, I have been batting 1.000.  Here they are:

2009
GOAL: Learn how to open a bottle of champagne all by myself.   
STATUS: Accomplished - no problemo.  Added bonus - We filled our champagne cork jar (giant jar).

2010
GOAL: Learn how to use eyeliner, especially liquid eyeliner, without looking like a child or a whore or a child whore.
STATUS: Accomplished.  This one was slow going for a while.  Finally, thanks to Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner, I can line like a pro and look only slightly whorish.

2011
GOAL: Read more - Specifically read at least 1 book per week.
STATUS: So far, so good.  I am averaging about 1 1/2 books per week.  On Sunday, I finished The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Great book.  Great trilogy).  Last night, I finished Jenny McCarthy's Love, Lust & Faking It: The Naked Truth about Sex, Lies & true Romance, which I think may have been the worst book I've read so far this year.

No comments: